“Empowering people towards a resilient life – because a healthy community is a strong community.”
Middle Path was founded with a mission and purpose based on the understanding that truly resilient health and quality of life must start with empowering the individual, who can then in turn better assist their family and friends, which in turn supports a healthier community, which then ripples outwards to the health of our ecosystems and planet as a whole.
All of our products, practitioners, and educational topics thus align with our company values and seek to provide only the best of service to our community, in the deepest gratitude.
Middle Path Nutrition and Wellness Center owner/founder, Ellen Selm, has a passion for people and place. Growing up in the foothills of western North Carolina has nurtured her deep love for the southern Appalachians and provided the backdrop for her interest in plants for food, supplements, and body care.
Ellen has over a decade of experience in the health and wellness industry and has spent half of her lifetime (and counting) studying nutrition, herbs, and holistic healing modalities.
When you visit Middle Path Nutrition and Wellness Center you will be greeted like the friend we’ve had for years – and no matter whether you’re just starting out with being more proactive for your health, if you’re feeling stuck in a rut and need some support, or if you are a prime example of a long-time wellness advocate, all the same we are here to support you!
At Middle Path Nutrition and Wellness Center we believe in
- Holism: That we are all more than the sum total of our parts and caring for our health should be respected accordingly.
- The Body’s Innate Intelligence: The body seeks homeostasis, so by working with the body to find balance for our own individual needs we can support our body’s efforts to be well.
- Balance: A key factor to well being is finding the middle path between extremes and between the overload of choices available to us.
- Individuality: No two people are the same, so the journey towards resilient health must be catered towards the unique individual that you are.
- Sharing: Knowledge is only powerful if it is disseminated and effectively utilized to achieve visible outcome.
- Conscientious Customer Service: In a fast paced world, taking the time to form a real human connection is made all the more significant.
- Quality: Products and services should be selected and provided with utmost care in mind of its source, manufacturing, delivery, and ingredients.
- Stewardship: Our bodies are the microcosm of the living-planet macrocosm. The health of our ecosystems relates to the health of the body and mind and vice versa. Good stewardship is a necessity of both our external and internal environments.
- Integrity: Honesty and trust will follow naturally from integrity. The integrity of our mission guides all that we do and provide as a business, the honesty in which we approach our customers, and the trust we seek to build within our community.
“When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot manifest, strength cannot fight, wealth becomes useless, and intelligence cannot be applied.” – Herophilus